November 2012 Stone of The Month – Citrine
Oh the Citrine! We use this stone quite frequently because of it’s hue. The Citrine is a yellow gold member of the quartz mineral group and meshes well with warm and cool colors. It is a suitable substitute for the November birthstone Topaz because the deep golden variety found in Madeira Spain holds a striking resemblance.
- 3rd Chakra – Solar Plexus
- Planet- Jupiter
- Energies- money, luck, protection and healing.
- Promotes- success, prosperity, and abundance.
- Sources; Brazil, Bolivia, several African countries & parts of Soviet Union.
- Nicknamed “Stone of the Mind” , “Merchants Stone” & “Stone of Manifestiatio
- Pop culture trivia! The Citrine is seen in various forms on the popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft.
Ancient cultures believed that if merchants kept the Citrine in their cash box sales would come flowing their way! They also believed that they can increase psychic abilities of their elders if they placed this stone on their forehead.
The healing properties of the Citrine can very well aid people who suffer from digestive problems, depression, and addictions. Because this stone protects from negative energy, men and women alike can carry this stone to ward off abuse. For those who have frequent digestive problems, the Citrine cleanses and purifies the endocrine & digestive systems from poisons and any build up in the body. By carrying it close to one’s body it will promote clarity of thought. If you were to ever feel self doubt, wear Citrine jewelry! It will give joy and love to the owner.